It’s been officially one whole year since Ariana Grande released her hit single “The Way”! This song made history and she has achieved mainstream success with the song. She released the song on March 25, debuting it on “On Air With Ryan Seacrest” and 102.7 KIIS-FM. Here are the achievements of the song:
- #buythewayonitunes trended #1 worldwide for a few days.
- The single was #1 on iTunes in 8 hours.
- The song was ceritified gold in Australia.
- The song was certified PLATINUM in the US.
- The Way sold 120k in 48 hours.
- The Way sold 219k in a week!
- “The Way” holds the second best-selling first-week sales figure of 2013, behind Justin Timberlake’s “Suit & Tie”.
- “The Way” debuted at #10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart on the week ending in April 5, 2013, becoming Grande’s and Miller’s first Hot 100 top 10 hit.
- The song reached 500,000 sold units on May 1, 2013
- As of September 2013, the song has thus far sold 2,000,000 copies in the United States
- “The Way” spent 26 weeks in the Billboard Hot 100 chart, all but two, being within the Top 40.
- The music video has over 100M views and is VEVO Certified!
Watch “The Way”:
[youtube id=”_sV0S8qWSy0″ width=”620″ height=”360″]